HTS Library Mini Reading Challenge #1
Read five books in six weeks
Monday, September 4th – Monday, October 16th, 2017
Our first challenge to you: Read five books from one of the following categories:
- Just Do It: A book about sports
- Zoology: A book about animals
- Gastronomy : A book about food
- Science Rocks: A book about science or inventions
- Home Sweet Home: A book set in DC, Maryland or Virginia
- Wingardium Leviosa: A book with a bit of magic.
- World Series: Any book that is part of a series.
- Whodunnit: A mystery
- Cutting Edge: A book published in 2016-2017
- Listen to your Elders: A book recommended by a parent, grandparent or teacher
You will need to fill out the form located in your L!brary Google Classroom with the following information:
- Name of your book and author
- Date completed
- Date completedA few thoughts on why you would recommend the book to others (or not!) You must be thoughtful with these entries to be part of the challenge.
A few housekeeping notes:
- This is totally optional. However, anyone who successfully completes this challenge will be treated to a lunch/recess cupcake party to show our respect and admiration that you have taken part in this endeavor.
- You must Email Mrs. Morell – email@example.com to let her know you would like to be part of the challenge by next Friday, September 15th.
- You must fill out this form via the Google Classroom doc we shared with you. (It helps us stay organized, and we need all the help we can get.)
- You must read books you haven’t read before. (We’re here to help you find awesome selections for each of these categories.)
- Yes, your books must be chapter books. You may include one graphic novel in your list.
- You may count books you are reading for class if they fall into one of the categories.