Here is a copy of the reading challenge we have shared with 5th-8th grades. We’re hoping to inspire a community of readers with this reading mini-challenge, inspired by Donalyn Miller’s The Book Whisperer.
If you have an questions, please Email Mrs. Morell – email@example.com or Mrs. Ingoglia – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read five books in one of the following categories between Monday, September 4th – Monday, October 16th, 2017.
- Just Do It: A book about sports
- Zoology: A book about animals
- Gastronomy : A book about food
- Science Rocks: A book about science or inventions
- Home Sweet Home: A book set in DC, Maryland or Virginia
- Wingardium Leviosa: A book with a bit of magic.
- World Series: Any book that is part of a series.
- Whodunnit: A mystery
- Cutting Edge: A book published in 2016-2017
- Listen to your Elders: A book recommended by a parent, grandparent or teacher
Students must complete a Google Classroom document and be sure to include a few thoughts on why they would recommend the book to others (or not!)